Welcome to 'Waiting for TJ'

We have a family blog about our two daughters, Jiejieandmeimei.blogspot.com. When we began the paper chase for a young man named Tianjun, we created a new web home for him. Since he will be about 7 years old when he joins our family, and not an infant as Jiejie and Meimei were, we want to give him as much history as we can as a member of our family, starting with our first look at a photo of him.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Tapping Our Troubles Away

Everyone is settling into the school routine, although the weather is perfect now, so different from the last few weeks of summer vacation, that I don't know how the kids are keeping their minds on their classes. Perhaps they aren't.
I am getting an unusually close perspective on the after-school hours because I injured my ankle and have been hobbling around in a big black boot, between visits to the orthopedist and waiting for insurance approval of an MRI. First there was a broken bone; then there wasn't. Now the suspicion is a torn tendon. In the meantime, I am working from home and waiting for that MRI, and hearing the school bulletins up-close and personal, as they say.

Meimei has reconnected with a friend she used to have play dates with by virtue of an au pair connection. Will Leo replace Shane in her affections? She happily reported today that she and Leo bedded down side by side at rest time at school. Meimei loves Kindergarten and has treated us to a few songs, including a somewhat fractured version of "If I Had a Hammer." Note to self: record this.

Jiejie seems to be struggling a bit with the homework load for third grade. Or is it because Mom is home that she is so squirmy and unwilling to  settle down to work. She has missed her TV time every day so far as she labors (or sits next to me at the dining room table fidgeting) over the year-by-year timeline of her life, due Friday. She has three years done so far and a start on a fourth, then four more to go. I promised to print out the photos she needs. The tonight I checked out the homework folder and found the next big assignment: writing and illustrating a theory for the creation of the universe. Sheesh! I hope they get at least seven days! Seriously, it's a creative and clever assignment and I'm glad we live in a district where this is an option. On the other hand, I don't know if the Big Cat Theory will pass muster.

TJ is delighted to see that he is not the only one who doesn't like homework, and has made a point of noting that Jiejie, in her restlessness about homework,  is "Just like me!" Time to manufacture some homework for TJ!

He said tonight he wants to take tap class with Jiejie. I can see it all now.

No comments:

Post a Comment